High Cholesterol from the point of view of Ayurveda
Cholesterol is a waxy substance found in the blood. Cholesterol is produced by your body and is obtained from the food you eat too. Human body needs cholesterol to build healthy cells, but high levels of cholesterol can increase your risk of heart diseases. It is developing fatty deposits in the blood vessels. Eventually, these deposits grow, making it difficult for enough blood to flow through your arteries. When bad cholesterol rises above a certain level, it is a risk of developing diabetes and major heart problems – high cholesterol is a risk factor for cardiovascular diseases, including a heart attack and stroke. The main goal of Ayurvedic treatment for cholesterol is to improve your diet by keeping your liver healthy while also balancing the fat metabolism in the body. In Ayurveda, diet is the most important thing to have good health. It means you can get your cholesterol in control by changing your lifestyle and diet.
How Ayurvedic doctors treat High Cholesterol
Ayurvedic treatment for high cholesterol consists of dietary restriction, massage, yoga, breathing techniques, behavioral modifications, exercise, detoxification, heat therapy, enemas, and herbal supplements for strengthening the body.
Guggul and Arjuna are natural Ayurvedic herbs that are commonly used in treatment of high cholesterol. Apart from these, Ayurvedic treatment of high cholesterol can also include taking herbs like Shilajit, Vrikshamla, Mustadi Ghanavti and Triphala.
Online Ayurvedic consultation is a great way to improve your health under the supervision of a professional Ayurvedic doctor, using a variety of natural methods and herbal supplements that reduce and control cholesterol levels.
More tips for prevention and Ayurvedic treatment of High Cholesterol:
- Avoid fatty food, cheese, processed foods, high-fat milk or yogurt
- Minimize the consumption of sweets and cold foods and drinks
- Garlic is the most effective in preventing high cholesterol
- Take one clove of garlic + ½ tsp ginger root + ½ tsp lime juice. Eat this mixture before each meal
- Drink one cup of hot water mixed with honey every day
- A glass of juice of lukewarm water with one teaspoon dried amla – intake daily
- Honey is rich in vitamins and minerals and helps us maintain cholesterol
- Turmeric cuts down the cholesterol deposited on the walls of arteries