Rosacea from the point of view of Ayurveda
Rosacea is a skin condition that causes inflammation and usually affects the face. It is primarily a symptom of excess Pitta dosha. Rosacea causes redness on the cheeks, nose, chin, and forehead. Rosacea patients also experience eye issues such as redness, swelling, and pain. Some foods and beverages, such as dairy products, spicy foods, caffeine, sun exposure, and alcohol, can aggravate the symptoms. Although there is no cure for rosacea in modern medicine, there are several treatments that can alleviate its symptoms, and Ayurveda is well-known for treating rosacea skin issues.
How Ayurvedic doctors treat rosacea
The Ayurvedic treatment of rosacea begins with detoxifying the body and blood with panchakarma methods such as Virechana and Vamana. Ayurvedic therapies are planned on an as-needed basis.
Rosacea can worsen if you have a tendency to consume spicy foods and alcohol. A diet plan to reduce excess pitta will consist of cool, sweet, and stabilizing foods.
Different Ayurvedic medicines are also planned based on Pitta dominant symptom balancing.
Tips for effective Ayurvedic treatment of rosacea:
- Increase your intake of turmeric and iron
- Massage oil all over your whole body is an excellent way to promote circulation and detoxification
- Apply honey to your face before showering, remove it after 10 minutes with warm water
- A chamomile compress is beneficial
- Apply cold cucumbers to the skin
- Aply Ashwagandha paste to the affected areas