Frigidity from the point of view of Ayurveda
The term “frigidity” is used to describe a long-term lack of sexual drive and response. It affects both sexes, but it is more often applied to women.Other factors for female sexual dysfunction can have physical or psychological causes. Physical causes include diabetes, heart disease, neurological diseases, hormonal imbalances, menopause, chronic diseases such as kidney disease or liver failure, urinary tract infection, alcoholism, drug abuse, and side effects of medications, including antidepressant drugs. Hormone fluctuations that occur during pregnancy, after childbirth, and menopause may play a role, too. According to Ayurveda, Kapha dosha is responsible for sexual disorders such as frigidity. Treatment may involve both internal and external therapies.
Some causative factors of frigidity:
- Conflict within relationship is another main cause
- Stress and worry about other things in life can negatively affect libido
- Some health problem like multiple sclerosis, vaginitis, cystitis
- Painful intercourse
- Fear of pregnancy
How Ayurvedic doctors treat Frigidity
Ayurvedic remedies are aimed at restoring health by cleansing the body of accumulated toxins. Ayurvedic treatment includes taking herbal supplements that improve sexual desire. The most known and beneficial Ayurvedic herbs for frigidity are Shatavari, Ashwagandha, and Kuchala.
Panchakarma treatments like herbal oil massage (Abhyanga), pouring of medicated oil over the forehead (Shirodhara), medicated nasal drops (Nasya), herbal enema (Vasti) are beneficial in the management of frigidity.
Ayurveda also focuses on the improvement of physical and emotional health of the patient by changing their diet and lifestyle. Treatment also focuses on rejuvenation of the body and mind.
It is an opportunity to experience natural healing, rejuvenation and renewal of body and soul. Our qualified and highly experienced doctors offer individualized recommendations to achieve life balance and good sexual health.
More tips for prevention and Ayurvedic treatment of Frigidity:
- Drink warm milk before bedtime daily
- Eat a balanced diet
- Avoid smoking, alcohol, tea, coffee
- Use whole-wheat flour and brown rice
- Use spices like fennel, parsley, sage, and anise, they boost the sex drive
- Body massage helps restore muscle strength and stimulates the nervous system
- Chamomile, lavender, olive, mustard oil are common relaxing oils used for body massage