Childhood diabetes from the point of view of Ayurveda
Diabetes mellitus is a serious metabolic disorder that prevents the normal breakdown and consumption of food, especially sugar. It can damage the heart, blood vessels, kidneys and neurological system and can cause progressive vision loss over many years. In Ayurveda, diabetes is called madhumeha kshaudrameha, which means - excessive urine with a sweet taste like honey. Ayurvedic diabetes is described as one of the types of urinary tract diseases. In Ayurvedic therapy, diabetes is classified based on an individual's dominant Dosha imbalance and physical appearance of urine.
How Ayurvedic doctors treat Childhood diabetes
Recently children were most affected by Type 1 Diabetes which is caused when the body is unable to make insulin an important hormone for reducing excess sugar in the body. Today increase number of children who also getting type 2 Diabetes where bad lifestyle and poor diet are the factors for causing this condition.
Ayurvedic treatment of diabetes (madhumeham) repair pancreas and correct the normalized function of pancreas.
There are variouse methodes of Ayurvedic treatment of diabetes :
– Ayurvedic internal medicine – Ayurvedic herbal medicines provide the patient with panc reatic stimulants that put pressure on an already damaged pancreas ,
– Panchakarma – including Ayurvedic therapies such a basti, vamana, virechana, abhyagam, udavartanam,
– Yoga and pranayama
Tips for effective Ayurvedic treatment of Childhood diabetes:
- Increase dietary fiber intake
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Choose low glycemic index foods
- Control portion size,
- Exercise regularly
- Drinking enough water,
- Manage stress,
- Get enough sleep